Here are some great alternatives to using nail polish, mainly clear polish.
- Secure A Screw: Tighten loose screws by brushing some clear nail polish on screw threads. Insert the screw and let dry before using again.
- Stop Tarnish: Keep costume jewelry from turning black with a coat of clear polish.
- Seal An Envelope: Brush clear polish on the underside of the flap.
- Mend A Screen: Stop a small hole from getting any bigger by brushing a little clear nail polish over the spot. This applies to door screening and not a tv/comp screen.
- Stop A Pantyhose Run: Stop a small run with clear nail polish, this will stop the run until you can replace them.
- Labeling or personalizing keys: Paint the tops of your keys with nail polish to remind you which go to what. This is a great way to use your colored nail polish.
- Metal Desensitize: Use clear polish on metals that bother your skin. (IE: cheap earrings, bra clasp, clothes buttons)
- Lose the Green: Do your cheap costume rings leave your fingers green? Coat the underside with clear polish to prevent this from happening.
- Itch Away: Got a chigger bite? Apply clear nail polish to stop the itch.
What other ways do you use your nail polish? Any other ideas for colored nail polish?