If you ask my daughter she would tell you the best use of chalk is playing with it. I couldn't agree more but here are some more adult friendly and useful tricks for chalk.
- Stain Lifter: Mark stains with chalk, the chalk dust helps remove the oils and makes removing stains easier.
- Prevent Tarnishing: Wrap chalk in cheesecloth and store with your silverware. The chalk will absorb the moisture and help prevent tarnishing.
- Keep Ants Out: Ants don't like calcium carbonate, which can be found in most chalk. Draw around ant entry points to keep them out.
- Steady your hands: Rub chalk on your hands when you need to prevent them from slipping.
- Hide Cracks or Small Holes: Hide cracks or small holes in the wall (using matching chalk color) until you are ready to paint.
Do you have any alternative uses for chalk?