Today's Tip Tuesday is going to be a few tips and tricks on how you can use toothpaste other than for brushing your teeth. :)
- Buff A CD! For shallow scratches apply a thin coating of toothpaste to the disc and rub gently, then rinse clean.
- Deodorize Hands! Can't get stinky onion or garlic smell out of your hands? Wash with some toothpaste.
- Defog Goggles! Coat the inside of your swimming goggles with some toothpaste and wipe off, crystal clear.
- Whiten Sneakers! This tactic works great on running shoes or scuffed-up leather shoes. Apply toothpaste directly to the dirty or scuffed area, then scrub with a brush and wipe clean.
- Bug Bite Relief! Bug bites often itch. Apply a drop of toothpaste to a bug bite or insect sting to stop the itching and decrease any swelling.
- Sooth A Burn! For minor burns that do not involve an open wound, toothpaste can deliver temporary cooling relief. Apply it delicately to the affected area immediately after a burn develops; it temporarily relieves the pain.
- Decrease Facial Blemish! Apply a tiny dot of toothpaste to the affected area at night before bed. Wash it off in the morning. My hubby uses this tricks, works pretty good.
- Shine your Jewelry! Make diamonds shine by giving them a gentle scrub using a toothbrush, toothpaste, and a little water. Rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of toothpaste. Do not use this method on pearls, as it will damage their finish. I use this method to wash/clean my wedding band/ring it works great.
Anyone use toothpaste for these tricks? Have any other tips for using it?