- Search online for funny videos/pictures. Laughter is great for boosting your mood.
- Count your blessings! Focus on things going well in your life, it will make you feel better overall.
- Call a friend who will listen w/o judgement. Their calmer mood will rub off on you.
- Eat carbs! Carbs help produce serotonin, the feel good brain chemical.
- Clean! Productivity combats stress and what better way to be productive than cleaning your house. It will feel good while doing it and having a clean house will feel great too.
- Ask your s/o for a quick back rub or take a spa day.
- Exercise! Go for a quick walk. It burns nervous energy and pumps you full of endorphins that will make you feel great.
Lastly... Celebrate Yourself! I plan to do this today, which so happens to be my 30th birthday. :) Turning 30 for some might be something of a stressful time in their life, especially if you obsess over your age or the growing list of things you haven't accomplished. I will not do that today. I feel just as good today as I did yesterday, when I was still 20 something. haha!
What did you do this past weekend to boost your mood?
We took our daughter to see The Lion King (the Broadway musical). It was fantastic, highly recommend checking it out if you can.