- Take deep breaths. This slows your heart rate and slows the pace of your stress hormones.
- Sit up Straight. It allows for your chest to be open and for you to breath more freely and fully. This increased oxygen will do your body good.
- Take a break! Focus on something good going on in your life or a picture of something(one) you love.
- Hold the hand of someone you love, skin to skin contact is calming.
- Force yourself to move, it relieves tension.
- When it's sunny out, sit in the sun for awhile and bask in the warmth.
- Scream Therapy.... shout (in an appropriate area).
- (& for those who believe)... Pray... It helps you gain strength and clear your mind.
What are some instant tension zappers you use?